Getting You Approved For A Loan
You could be approved for a loan in less than 30 days! Save the linked form to your computer. Fill out the form, save it and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you when it is received.
Click on image to open the PDF application.
MAIN CHECKLIST OF ITEMS
Use this checklist to make sure you have everything you need before you begin your loan application. Having all necessary documentation upfront saves time so your loan can close smoothly and quickly.
- Photocopy of Driver’s license or passport
- Photocopy of Social security card
- Loan application completed
- Borrower’s Authorization form completed
- Paystubs covering most recent 30-day period
- W2s last two years
- If self-employed - 1099s for last two tax years. 1120s and K1s if client has corporate returns. (All pages).
- Federal tax returns for last 2 years (all schedules and pages of Federal 1040s)
- Two most recent bank statements, all pages
- Divorce decree (if applicable)
- Bankruptcy papers with official court-stamped discharge
- For FHA we would also need to list spouse as a co-borrower
- If the client is married, we need spouse’s information as well.
Refinance Checklist (in addition to the Main Checklist of Items):
- Current mortgage statement
- Current house note
- Current mortgage insurance statement
- Current Homeowner’s Insurance statement
- Current Homeowner’s Association statement
- Current Property tax bill
VA Loans Checklist (in addition to the Main Checklist of Items):
- Copy of military ID
- DD214 or Statement of Service
- Copy of orders
Foreign National’s Checklist (in addition to the Main Checklist of Items):
- Complete primary residential address
- Copy of passport (all pages)
- Original letter signed by accountant with gross income last 2 years and gross income for January to present
- Three credit reference letters on company letterhead, two of which must be from a bank.
- The last three (3) bank account statements from a bank in your own country or in the United States, with the account numbers and the balances of each account
Do's and Don'ts of Applying for a Home Loan
1. Notify us of income changes
Please notify your Mortgage Loan Officer if there are any changes from your loan application
2. Keep documentation of large deposits
Lenders will verify where you received the money for any large deposit(s). This could include copies of checks, bank statements and letters explaining the deposit(s).
3. Pay bills on time
Stay current on existing accounts. One 30-day late can adversely affect your credit score.
1. Apply for new credit of any kind when applying for a home loan.
Every time that you have your credit pulled by a potential creditor, your credit score could be adversely affected.
2. Overcharge on your credit cards
Since all lenders check your credit report immediately before settlement, the best policy is to not use credit cards AT ALL during the loan process. If you do use them, try to keep your balance under 50% of your total credit limit.
3. Consolidate your debt onto one or two credit cards
When you consolidate all your debt onto one card, it appears that you are maxed out on that card. This can negatively affect your credit score
4. Change or quit your job without notifying your Mortgage Loan Officer
If you plan to change jobs, please consult your Mortgage Loan Officer.